SENIOR ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE VACANCY (PR & PUBLIC AFFAIRS)
Salary: £26k-30k dependent on experience
Start Date: March 2015
Innesco is an integrated marketing communications consultancy, expert in real estate and the built environment. From our offices in London, our dynamic and progressive team builds the reputations for companies, funds and specific property-related projects in the UK, Europe and further afield.
Our fresh, integrated approach to marcomms, combined with strategic thinking and industry contacts, present new ways to bring messages to life, ultimately adding value and returns on a client’s property portfolio, investment, development or destination. We work across all property sectors including retail, residential, offices and industrial.
We have already gained the trust of international corporations, companies and Councils such as Sellar Property, The Wellcome Trust, Kennedy Wilson, Henderson Global Investors, Land Securities, Westfield, Hammerson, IKEA, Meyer Bergman and Guildford Borough Council.
We are looking to recruit an ambitious, confident and talented Senior Account Executive to assist across a number of London, UK and potentially international PR-led accounts.
The successful applicant will play an important role in our 17-strong team; strengthening key client relationships and playing a central role in major accounts. This Senior Account Executive will be responsible for working across a number of different clients – bringing skills to assist in PR-led projects particular relating to local and national media, planning matters, and public affairs.
- Public Relations-led accounts
- Perform supportive role as part of a wider MarComms team
- Help to research communication plans and proposals
- Media research, analysis and distribution
- Attending meetings with senior members of the team
- Arrange meetings and events with various stakeholder groups
- Helping to prepare for new business pitches
- Blogging on associated industry issues – a free thinker
- Dealing with day-to-day client issues such as reporting, taking client calls, attending team meetings, replying to emails
- Assist and mentor junior staff and interns
- A proven communicator – extremely confident yet socially aware
- Excellent English language drafting, writing, punctuation and grammar skills
- Excellent research and analysis skills
- Social/digital media skills/digitally native
- Excellent organisational abilities – self-starter, ability to balance a number competing priorities, with an appreciation of when to seek advice and guidance
- Able to understand and communicate complex issues quickly and succinctly
- Team player but equally comfortable working independently
- Strong inter-personal skills and solid business presentation skills
- Event management skills showing attention to detail
- Strong general knowledge
Experience & Person Specification
The successful candidate will have a background in real estate or local government and have hands-on experience as a press officer or account executive dealing with matters relating specifically to the media and/or public policy relating to real estate. With experience from within an established agency, in-house or Council, the candidate may be looking towards this as a second or third job in their career.
Candidates could be from either the private or public sectors, and relish the varied responsibilities of working within a fast-growing and free-thinking agency environment. London experience would be especially advantageous.
A robust and proven track record with all media is essential – local, national, print, online and broadcast. An understanding and appreciation of the available tools within a multi-channel communications mix and how can be applied within the real estate sector – particularly pre-planning – is essential.
The successful candidate will have a voracious interest and curiosity for public relations and stakeholder communications, with demonstrable experience in one or more of those disciplines.
As this role will likely include elements of public affairs activities relating to planning applications, the ideal candidate will have experience in event management including the setting up of workshops, exhibitions and focus groups. This experience is important to help with community and stakeholder engagement in support of client planning applications. Direct or indirect experience assisting in the preparation of Statements of Community Involvement is desirable.
The position is available immediately, with a competitive salary within the bracket shown by negotiation, dependent on experience. This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing communications consultancy with a top-level client list. We want you to be part of our success!
There is a two-stage interview process. In the first instance, applicants should send their CVs with a covering letter by email in confidence to MD Dan Innes – email@example.com.
INNESCO: Telephone: +44 20 7409 3434. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org More information about Innesco can be found at www.innesco.co.ukGo back to category